1970 Volvo 1800E
For the first year or so I started it and even drove down our 1/2 mile gravel drive to get the mail. Last summer I decided to put it back on the road. It wouldn't start for the first time in decades. A little exploring showed no fuel at the rail. The pump checked out, so I replaced the fuel filter. Long story shorter, When I pulled the fuel line off the tank I got a handful of rust flakes and no fuel. Pulled the drain plug and got the same.
I will be 60 in a few months and have way too many other projects to tackle this much loved car. To put it on the road again, it needs a fuel tank and master cylinder at a minimum. Further restoration would include rust and body repair. I have documented the car in the pictures below.
- 1970 Volvo 1800E
- original color: Dark Green
- everything is there
- 4 original aluminum center, steel rim wheels in good condition. Matching spare wheel has a bent rim caused by unavoidable pothole. These wheels were only used 1970-71.
- 2.0L engine
- Bosch D Jetronic EFI
- multi-piston discs at all corners
- 4 speed tranny with Laycock De Normanville electronic overdrive unit
- iPd aluminum valve cover
- original jack and handle
- amateur restoration about 20 years ago
- several boxes of spare parts, tune-up parts, oil filters, etc.
Front seats were recovered 15 years ago.
Upper bolsters on doors.
More pictures are available. I have owned, driven, and worked on this car for over 27 years. I know in thoroughly and can answer any questions. If you were given a link to this, you should have my contact info.
Thank you for looking.