Sunday, October 19, 2008

Recovery!



I'm happy to report that the restoration of my infected hard drive was (nearly) a complete success. I haven't done a complete inventory yet, but it appears that only a small number of audio files were lost. Fortunately, the ones I have found so far that were unrecoverable were made from records in my personal collection and can be duplicated.

All of my photographs and personal files were recovered as well. On the down side, all of the emails I have received in the past month are lost as well as my address book. Those can be recreated. If you had sent me an email and have not received a reply, please resend. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Many thanks to the riders on the Bus for your warm wishes and support. Special thanks go to my son, Zac, who gave up the past few Saturdays to come down to the house and help out the old man. There is an advantage to having a son who is head of cyber-security at a major credit card/banking company!

Cumberland Mountain Boys - I'm Going Down to Have Myself a Ball.mp3

7 Comments:

Anonymous dan said...

Welcome back, Ed! I missed the information and the music that matters.

October 19, 2008 5:52 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

I too lost my addresses last time from my local server, but, not from gmail. Will send email this week ..

October 19, 2008 8:57 PM  
Blogger kjk said...

Hurrayyyy!

October 20, 2008 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Richard said...

Ed, I'm happy to hear there's a happy ending to the infected hard drive story. Good to see you back again ...

October 21, 2008 9:54 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks folks, it sure is good to be back.

October 21, 2008 6:18 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Great to have the Bus back on the road! Happy voyaging.

October 22, 2008 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed ! So glad you're back. Folks around here said that you would recover your files and they don't even know who you are. But, the good thought was based on their experiences, and the good thought got movin'.
Great news and good goin'. And now, you can think about the elections, no ?

all thoughts fly... k.

October 23, 2008 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home