Thursday, January 24, 2008

Swinging into the Weekend



“If I owned Hell and Texas I would rent out Texas and live in Hell”
- Philip Henry Sheridan

“Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me.”
- George W. Bush


No long commentary today, just a few great western swing tunes to kick off the weekend.

Bob Wills - New San Antonio Rose.mp3

Tex Williams - Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette).mp3

Rod Morris - I'm Coming Over Tonight.mp3

Alvin Crow & the Pleasant Valley Boys - Yes She Do, No She Don't (I'm Satisfied With My Gal).mp3
Buy Alvin Crow’s music here

Y'all have a good weekend!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

I'd never heard the Red Morris before, and I love it! The Alvin Crowe is a song that a few bar bands still perform up here in Canada, and they rock the joint every time. This song has great "audience participation" potential.

January 25, 2008 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Paul said...

Great series of posts. Again. And very funny GWB quote up top!

January 25, 2008 11:29 PM  
Blogger Black Dog said...

Evolution ! Five foot two, eyes of blue...a couple of chord changes in between, and take it away ED !
Dancing all the way to Monday...

all thoughts fly... k.

January 26, 2008 3:55 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Hi Ed & Co
Bin listening to Al Hopkins, wow I love that West Virginnia Gals. His voice ..... mmm.
Some old 78s http://www.honkingduck.com/BAZ/honkingduck78s.php?qt=artist&ap=10&tp=14&artist=1005

January 27, 2008 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great songs! You won a heart in Hungary!

February 01, 2008 8:39 AM  

<< Home