Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Beginnings


Happy New Year, folks!

It’s time to replace that tattered old calendar on the wall with the glossy new one. The New Year offers the promise of a fresh start and a new road to travel. The Bus is fueled up and ready for another year of exploring the back roads and side streets of American music. Welcome aboard! If you’re feelin’ a little green from last night’s celebration you might want to take a seat by an open window.

The New Year, a symbolic new beginning, is traditionally a time to make resolutions. I usually refrain from making resolutions as most are left by the side of the road shortly after departure. Last year seems to have passed much too quickly. I didn’t make it to many of my favorite festivals or spend nearly as much time enjoying friends and family as I would prefer. So, breaking a long tradition of not making New Years resolutions, I plan to slow down and enjoy this New Year.

Bob Wills - I've Got A New Road Under My Wheels.mp3

Eldon Baker - Happy Cowboy.mp3

12 Comments:

Blogger Black Dog said...

Joyous New YEAR ED !
Given that light travels faster than our shadows the Old Blue Bus was out of reach when late and well after midnight on this side of the great waters ~I had already given in to a cup of herbal tea. But the Bus was on my mind. Weight less than shadow the Bus is the stuff of gravity- an attractive force.
May the OBBus shine bright into 2008. Keep the energy flowing and the music moving if not faster than light perhaps keeping up with it then. To all the stars on this bus Joyous New Year with all the trimmings.

all thoughts fly... k.

January 01, 2008 3:29 PM  
Anonymous kjk said...

i, for one, am glad to be putting 2007 in the rear view mirror. it was very stressful year for the most part.

but, hitching a ride on the bus was among the best parts of the year past for me.

great resolution, ed. when people give me crap about not making new year's resolutions, i come back say that my secret resolution is to not be so perfect in the future ... the conversation usually ends there :)

January 01, 2008 4:06 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks to the kind wishes, Black Dog. I'm hoping that the world has a better year in 2008.

January 01, 2008 9:57 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

I'm with you, Ken. Good ridance to 2007.

Your kindness, support, and friendship were cherished throughout the year.

Here's to 2008. May it be filled with joy for you and the Mrs.

January 01, 2008 10:07 PM  
Blogger Minerva said...

Hi Ed, Cheers from me too! Missed my morning cuppa with you. Here's to a New Year.

January 01, 2008 10:12 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Happy New Year Lynne!
As much as I have enjoyed the break from work and from writing each night, I sure have missed my friends on the Bus.

January 01, 2008 10:19 PM  
Anonymous john said...

Darling sister-in-law gave me a nice new "Out of Office Countdown Calendar" which went up on the fridge this morning.
The light at the end of this 8 year long tunnel is getting brighter every day.

January 01, 2008 10:29 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

John, you've got a great sister-in-law!

2008 is bound to be the best we've seen in years.

January 01, 2008 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Happy New Year Ed and to all my fellow riders. Happy Cowboy is a great theme for 2008.

I trust on your new glossy calendar you've penciled in a few Fridays to share a drink or two with friends; too few last year!

January 02, 2008 1:13 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Lucy, Liquid Fridays (either quaffing beer or paddling the river) are a large part of my resolution.

January 02, 2008 8:30 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Sorry to be a bit late to the party, Ed, but you are definitely getting 2008 started properly with Bob Wills on the Bus! Happy New Year!

January 03, 2008 1:25 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Happy New Year, Greg! I've got high hopes for the coming year and figured that Bob Wills and Eldon Baker would start us off down the right road.

January 03, 2008 8:47 PM  

<< Home