Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Gathering of Friends and Family


“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
- Frederick Keonig

The bus will be parked behind the shed out back for the long holiday weekend while I share some good song, food, and drink with family and friends.

I am thankful to you, dear riders, for your support, feedback, and friendship that have made this journey so enjoyable. My best wishes to all of the riders on the Bus for a Happy Thanksgiving.

I’ll leave you with three special songs that have become something of a tradition on the Bus at Thanksgiving.

Barry & Holly Tashian – Friends and Kin.mp3
www.tashianmusic

Mustard's Retreat - Gather the Family.mp3
www.mustardsretreat

Paul & Win Grace - Farewell My Friends.mp3
www.gracefamilymusic

Y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

8 Comments:

Blogger kjk said...

ed, it's been awhile since i've posted a tune. this one seems a quite appropriate match for today's theme .... (carter family / You've been a friend to me). it sounds quite a bit like this one (forge mnt diggers / likes likker better than me). coincidence? i think not!

November 20, 2007 11:32 PM  
Blogger Hamish said...

Many thanks for your shares and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

November 21, 2007 4:22 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Ed, this is a truly beautiful post in sentiment and sound. I wish you and all my fellow riders great joy and many blessing as we enter into the holiday season.

November 21, 2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger Black Dog said...

Hello ED, Well, november here is not exactly a cornacopia. No, Thanksgiving is not a very french idea. In november we have strikes. The whole country is on strike ! and I'm here to tell you that as a political tool it gets it's message across. And the concept of Turkey takes a turn in definition.

But recognition and thanksgiving for the labor forces seems to be a theme here on the OBBus so no big deal. N'est-ce pas ?

Laisse-faire and dance till morning. Happy Thanksgiving you all.

all thoughts fly... k.

November 21, 2007 5:21 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Ed!

November 21, 2007 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Dan said...

Happy Turkey Day, Ed!! I love the Barry & Holly Tashian, and would like to know more about them. This kind of music rocks my world. I also like the Mustard's Retreat. From a Canadian perspective, it reminds me of a cross between Stan Rogers and the Rankin Family. It's amazing. May you win the wishbone-breaking ceremony. And, I hope you eat and drink WAY too much.

November 22, 2007 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed
I hope you and the family have a great time over the holidays.
Don’t eat too much. I wouldn’t tell
You not to drink too much because
I don’t know if you can.

Joey

November 24, 2007 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recognized Barry Tashian's name from the old Barry and the Remains days. They definitely were top drawer rock and rollers from the teenage 60s. I like this down home harmony as well.
bp

November 24, 2007 9:29 PM  

<< Home