Thursday, August 09, 2007

Warning: Lazy Weekend Ahead

Whoa! It's Friday!
It snuck up on me this week. I've been so busy, I must have lost track of the days.

For the first weekend in as long as I can remember, I have no plans. As much as I love getting out and catching a concert, taking a road trip, or paddling a cool mountain stream, once in awhile a quiet weekend at home is just what the doctor ordered.

I’ve picked a few fun tunes to leave you with.

Y’all have a good weekend!

Don Reno & Red Smiley and The Tennessee Cutups - Country Boy Rock n' Roll.mp3

Al Dexter - New Broom Boogie.mp3

Bill Long - What a Waste (Of Good Corn Likker).mp3

6 Comments:

Blogger kjk said...

what a great photo, ed!

August 10, 2007 12:32 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks, Ken. I paddled around this old towboat shooting a couple dozen photos. The lagoon at Dutch Gap is a graveyard for the old canal barges and towboats from the long defunct Richmond canals. It's a great place to explore.

August 10, 2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Chisum Trail Mercantile said...

Another wonderful photo - thank you for sharing your part of the country - Dawn

August 10, 2007 4:08 PM  
Blogger Black Dog said...

Have a great week-end. Come back soon this site is a ray of light.
merci bien... k.

August 11, 2007 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Dan said...

Hi Ed,
Loved the Al Dexter boogie woogie sound. I know nothing about him, but if this is typical of his sound, I'd like to learn more about him and his music. Thanks for the education.

August 14, 2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Dan,
Al Dexter is probably best known for his classic "Pistol Packin' Mama". Yes, this is typical of his sound.

August 15, 2007 3:26 PM  

<< Home