Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good Old Time

The weekend is at hand!

I have been letting the news, the stock market, and the SOBs I work for get me down lately. Let's put all of the week’s bad news behind us and head for the hills for some toe tappin’ good Old Time music. I can’t think of any better way to shake the blues, than with some good ol’ mountain fiddle. I believe I'll head for a cool mountain stream this weekend to set the world right again.

Hold on to that jug, while I turn this Bus around.

Blue Ridge Highballers - Green Mountain Polka.mp3

Clayton McMichen & Riley Puckett - Old Molly Hare.mp3

Oscar Ford & Dewey Grace - Kiss Me Cindy.mp3

Vance's Tennessee Breakdowners - Ragged Ann.mp3

I’ve got lots of old 78s from our friend Walt’s Cousin Wes to record this weekend. Lot’s of goodies to share with the riders on the Bus in the coming weeks.

Y’all have a good weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger kjk said...

Goodies, indeed!

August 16, 2007 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Dan said...

Ed, if this is part of that collection, I'm calling shotgun for this leg of the trip on the bus. These are amazing tunes! And you're right. The weekend is for putting all of the bad news behind. I'll be cracking open a few jugs of my own.

August 17, 2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger Black Dog said...

I'ts the Big Blue Bus revelation. Really. Just a northern city girl who never got to the south much if at all. Blowing Rock North Carolina for about two minutes. I really missed out on a part of my musical education. Thanks Ed. Hope the week end in the mountains erased the losses of last week.

All thought fly... k.

August 19, 2007 11:07 AM  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

I have heard some damn fine fiddling watching America roll by from my backseat window on Old Blue. But the best fiddling of all can be heard on Wall Street.

August 19, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger Monster Library Student said...

Hope your weekend sets you right again. Where do you get all your ideas for musical selection. It is amazing! Thanks for always sharing!

August 19, 2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Black Dog,
Blowing Rock is a fine representative of the Southern Appalachians. I met my wife just up th emountain from Blowing Rock, in Boone.

August 19, 2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Beer,
I'm not sure what they are fiddlin' with up there on Wall St. Only the big money managers know what's going on. But, I did pick up a few things while they were on sale.

August 19, 2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Monster Library Student,
I wish I could say that elves pick records out of my collection each night. The truth is, sometimes I struggle with something to post each night.

I usually find something at the bottom of the bottle.

August 19, 2007 8:05 PM  

<< Home