Monday, July 16, 2007

Ode to the common man

Those long, hot, and lazy days, known as the dog days of summer, are here with a vengeance. For those of us that have to spend at least part of the day working outdoors, the heat and humidity can just plain drain a body of energy. I’ll keep today’s post short, as I am just plum worn out. After six months of working 12 hour days, and a month more to go, I’ve got nothing left.

Kate McDonnell - Ordinary Man.mp3

Hardrock Gunter - I Put My Britches On Just Like Everybody Else.mp3

Faron Young - Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young.mp3

6 Comments:

Anonymous Lucy said...

Come on, Ed, I know you always keep a little in reserve; you're tough Dear you can take it. I almost feel bad for jumpin' ship on ya last Fall. Between work & the farm, I'm worn mighty thin myself, but atleast at work I'm in the AC!
BTW - Good post. I'm right fond of Ms. McDonnell

July 19, 2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger Black Dog said...

Hello Ed, I recognize the fatigue. but keep this bus going. I love the site and the music. My site is black dog and all thoughts fly...

salutations, k.

July 27, 2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Lucy and Black Dog,
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, folks.
I may have to slow down on posting for a bit, but I'll keep the Bus on the road as long as good folks, like you hop on for a ride from time to time.

July 27, 2007 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang. I'm from Indiana, but a good friend lives in Richmond and I try to visit once a year. This was a hoot to find. Love McDonnelk, always have, and it was a treat to find Hardrock Gunter, who I'd not heard of. I shall get back on the bus again, sometime. Anita

July 28, 2007 11:01 PM  
Anonymous kamine said...

I used to have an old bus. When I was in germany theres a pic here of it http://www.oekoadressen.de

July 29, 2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Anita, Thanks for the kind words. If you get the chance to visit Richmond in September the National Folk Festival will be here for the 3rd year. Three days of great music along the riverfront, all free.

July 30, 2007 9:26 AM  

<< Home