Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Red Hot Mama and an Ice Cold Beer

Halfway through the week and I've got my sights on the weekend already. Lately, I’ve started counting down to the weekend just after I shut off the alarm on Monday morning.

Although the temperatures here in Virginia have taken a pleasant dip the past few days, the hot, sticky temperatures of summer are just around the corner. Soon it will be time to take my place in the rockin' chair on the porch, cooler by my side. On a hot day, there is nothing better than a shady spot to sit and rock, and a supply of cold beer within arms reach.

Beer, women and boogie, that ought to get us over the hump and onto the downhill slide to the weekend.

Paul Howard & his Cotton Pickers - Drinking All My Troubles Away.mp3

Andy Reynolds & his 101 Ranch Boys - Beer Bottle Mama.mp3

Smiley Maxedon - Give Me A Red Hot Mama And An Ice Cold Beer.mp3

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know the feeling. i knew i was for a world of disappointment this week when monday morning felt like a friday to me. now the week's just dragging along.

i am counting down to the Indiana Fiddler's Gathering.

p.s. that guy's a real "gentleman" making the lady do all the heavy lifting!
-- kjk

June 13, 2007 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Wow. I'll "3rd" that sentiment! I don't know why the weeks seem longer lately, but they do. It is about that time of year for those half-day fridays & a beer or two with a friend(s).

I've not been called a "red hot mama" lately, but I am known as the Beer Wench at the volleyball club. Beer & boogie does sound good, but I'll leave the "women" part to you guys ;)

I've got to agree with you, kjk, this guy is a real keeper!

June 13, 2007 12:32 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

I'm glad to hear that it isn't just me dragging lately.

Ken, the line-up at the IFG looks great! I know you'll have a great time.

Lucy, we've been on half-day Fridays since Memorial Day, but with all of the OT I haven't been able to take advantage. We ought to start up the Friday beer meets again, I'm ready for a break. A beer or two? Our record for setting a limit is shot.


The picture is all in your perspective: I'm sure he believes he has found a real keeper. Besides, she might be carrying "light" beer ;p

June 13, 2007 8:33 PM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Yea, we never were too successful at that "limit thing", whether set in beers or time, but it's hard to set limits when you're catching-up with dear friend(s) over a few good cold beverages.

The couple probably carries what they each will drink...

June 14, 2007 9:10 AM  

<< Home