Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Old Time Fiddle

I'm still working my way through those wonderful old 78s that our friend Walt loaned to me. I’ve been taking some extra time with them to clean up the surface noise and enhance the dynamic range a bit, without altering the original music. With the overtime at the plant continuing, I haven’t had much time to tend to other things. I have been invited to enter two of our antique Volvos (mine and my son’s) in a local July 4hth parade, but both cars have been neglected these past few months and are in need of a little TLC.

I will probably keep the posts short for the rest of the week and spend my time on transferring these old 78s, which I will start to share with the riders on the Bus next week.

Old Time and early Hillbilly music is a favorite of mine, and we haven’t had much on the Bus lately. While I get these 78s wound up, let’s listen to a couple of more contemporary artists that have kept the Old Time tradition alive and vibrant. A small sampling of two of my favorite modern fiddlers.

Ralph Blizard – Hell Among the Yearlings.mp3
Ralph Blizard passed away in 2004, but he left a treasure of wonderful fiddle tunes for us to enjoy.

Kirk Sutphin – Old Time Back Step Cindy.mp3
visit Kirk Sutphin for more info and to purchase recordings.

4 Comments:

Blogger retank said...

I hate to(no I don't) throw out another compliment, but The Old Blue Bus has got to be the most consistent good times blog an the Interznet.

That is all.
Thank You

June 27, 2007 8:32 AM  
Anonymous G-Dub said...

I second retank's post. Except I think the proper term for the Interznet is Interwebs..remember, it's a series of tubes.

I'm just glad the Old Blue Bus fits in these tubes and drives to my computer when I use my clicky thing.

June 27, 2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger kjk said...

this stuff gets my blood boiling :)

June 27, 2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks guys. retank and g-dub, it's good to hear from you both. I wondered if you were still catching a ride on the Bus now and again.

Ken, you and me both, buddy.

June 28, 2007 7:28 AM  

<< Home