Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lagniappe Friday

It’s Friday!
This weekend I’m heading downriver to Norfolk, Virginia for the 18th Annual Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival. It will be a weekend filled with Cajun and Zydeco music, crawfish, andouille, étouffée, and cold liquid refreshments along the waterfront.

Recently, I've taken to posting a bunch of music on Fridays. It's not something I consciously set out to do, but I kinda like it. Fridays on the Bus are special, so why shouldn’t we kick off the weekend with an extra helping of good music? Lagniappe Friday. Since the Old Blue Bus was my home in Louisiana for some good years, it’s only fitting that we kick this weekend off with some great music from Bayou Country.

It has been awhile since I’ve posted any music from Louisiana. Here are a few classic Cajun tunes and a jumpin’ number by Buckwheat Zydeco, who will be performing at the Bayou Boogaloo this weekend.

D. L. Menard - The Back Door.mp3

D. L. Menard - Lacassine Special.mp3

LeJeune, Menard, & Smith - J'Etais au Bal.mp3

Lesa Cormier & The Sundown Playboys - Saturday Night Special.mp3

Buckwheat Zydeco - Zydeco Boogaloo.mp3

Y’all have a good weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

I have to be honest. I have a hard time just listening to Zydeco. I really wish I could appreciate it more. However, I if ever make it to the area, I'll be the biggest ahole in the crowd. This is music that rocks after a few beers and fine southern hospitality. AAHEEE!

June 22, 2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Dan, it's not possible to just listen to Zydeco. Ya gotta move!

June 22, 2007 8:04 PM  

<< Home