Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"Your blue eyes run me crazy"


All this talk of upcoming festivals has got me highlighting dates on my calendar. This year’s festival season is looking great. With so many good festivals to choose from, deciding which ones to attend is pretty tough.

I’ve listed some more of my favorites, along with links, below. I’m still planning the ones that will require road trips. If any of you good Bus riders have a favorite that hasn’t been mentioned yet, leave a comment and let us all know about it.

Here are a few of my favorite local events:

Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival
June 22 – 24
Norfolk, Virginia

FloydFest-6
July 26 - 29
Floyd, Virginia

Old Fiddler’s Convention
August 6 – 11
Galax, Virginia

Central Virginia Family Bluegrass Festival
August 16 - 18
Amelia, Virginia

National Folk Festival
October 12 – 14
Richmond, Virginia



Carter Family - I'm Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes.mp3

West Virginia Coon Hunters - Your Blue Eyes Run Me Crazy.mp3

The Dixon Brothers - Bonnie Blue Eyes.mp3

Flatt & Scruggs - Baby Blue Eyes.mp3

The Armstrong Twins - Sparkling Blue Eyes.mp3

4 Comments:

Anonymous Dan said...

Hi Ed,
I really enjoyed the Dixon Brothers. Love that slide/dobro sound. And thanks for posting these festival sites. Our Canadian dollar is about as close to par with the US dollar, and if it stays like this, many of us will be heading to these shows. Now, I wonder which ones to pick?...

May 23, 2007 6:47 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Come on down, Dan! The music's fine.

May 24, 2007 9:03 PM  
Blogger Preston said...

Wonderful site!
I'm a Hanover county boy over here in Memphis, TN
Wish I could hit the Fiddler's this year.
Pick & Grin

May 26, 2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks for the kind words, Preston. There's plenty of good music in Memphis, but, alas, no Hanover tomatoes.

May 28, 2007 6:58 PM  

<< Home