Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bluegrass Fiddle

No, I didn’t stretch my long weekend into a week long rest. Although I’ve been gone from the Bus for the past week, I only took last Monday off from work and I have been working extra hours of overtime to get back on schedule. Its funny how, when you most need some time away from the job, it is usually when you can least afford to be gone.

It’s good to be back on the Bus. Let’s get the music rolling again!

Over the past week I have been reflecting on past posts and it occurred to me that during our week-long look at the fiddle I neglected to post any bluegrass. So let’s start this week off with some bluegrass fiddle.

Jim Eanes & Bobby Atkins - Old Man Joe.mp3

Reno & Smiley - Kansas City Railroad Blues.mp3

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Welcome back Ed! You were missed. Glad it was just extra work that kept you off the Bus.

May 21, 2007 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post ed you know you cant go
wrong with a little blue grass.

Joey

May 21, 2007 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Dan said...

Hi Ed,
Great post today. Here in Canada, the Victoria Day holiday not only marks the unofficial beginning of summer, but it also marks the official start to outdoor bluegrass season. For those of us who are fans, there seems preciuos little time between today and Labour Day. Thanks.

May 21, 2007 5:59 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks guys. It's good to be back.
Dan, Happy Victoria Day! You've got the jump on us by a week. Next Monday the US kicks off the summer season with Memorial Day.

May 21, 2007 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the Blue Bus that the Doors sang about?

May 25, 2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Anything’s possible.

Unfortunately, Jim Morrison was already gone by the time the Old Blue Bus became my home. My guess is that Morrison was referring to numorphan, which was available in little blue pills.

“Driver, where you takin’ us?” – The End

May 25, 2007 9:58 PM  

<< Home