Sunday, April 15, 2007

Listen to the rain

It was a good weekend to stay indoors. The big storm that left snow in New Mexico, flooding in Texas, and tornados in Mississippi, refueled with the warm waters of the Gulf Stream and turned into a nasty nor’easter dumping heavy rain and wind from Nova Scotia to Key West.

I didn’t mind the bad weather, I had no reason to leave the warmth of the house. While I was looking forward to an entire day with nothing to do, I fully expected my wife to have an itemized honey-do list prepared for me. As we finished off the morning coffee I figured I had better get started and ask what she had in mind for the day. “We could break the seal on that bottle of gin” she said as she pulled a couple glasses from the cupboard.

Sometimes we all need a rainy day with nothing to do.

Hickorywind - Rainfall.mp3

Cactus Pryor - Cry Of A Dying Duck In A Thunderstorm.mp3

Buck White & The Down Home Folks - Good Morning Country Rain.mp3

New Grass Revival - When The Storm Is Over.mp3

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that the storm is over
too.. This post comes at a good
time..

Joey

April 16, 2007 6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does our Virginia bus driver have any kids at VT?

April 17, 2007 8:06 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Both of my sons attend VCU in Richmond and both have freinds at Tech. All are OK.

April 17, 2007 10:24 PM  

<< Home