Thursday, April 05, 2007

Fiddle favorites: Western Swing

In keeping with my habit of posting upbeat music to start the weekend, let's finish "Fiddle Week on the Bus" with some toe tappin' swing numbers.

Three day weekend ahead!
Some folks have today off, others, like me, have Monday off. After months of overtime and no holidays, I’m ready for three days off.
“Gonna get tight, gonna drink that booze
Yea I’m gonna get tight, do what I choose
Now I’m gonna dance, and I’m gonna sing
I’m gonna get tight, do everything”
- Slim Harbert

Clayton McMichen - Put on Your Old Grey Bonnet.mp3

Milton Brown and his Musical Brownies - Oh You Pretty Woman.mp3

Rod Morris - I'm Coming Over Tonight.mp3

Ole Rasmussen and His Cornhuskers - Sleepy-Eyed-John.mp3

Slim Harbert & the Sunshine Boys - Gonna Get Tight.mp3

Y'all have a good weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger kjk said...

boo! i only have two days off!

April 06, 2007 9:32 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Bummer, Ken. I'm sure the riders on the Bus will gladly lift a glass in your honor.

April 07, 2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger lynne said...

Hi Ed and co., have a Happy Easter (my grandchildren coming down so I'm sure I'll have to put a few pics.) Meanwhile, if you're not 'fiddled out' I left you a pressie on my site. Jean Carignan

April 07, 2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thank you, Lynne.
Everyone on the bus should head over to Musical Notes (there is a permanent link in the right column on the Bus) for Lynne’s wonderful remembrances and some great music.

April 08, 2007 11:24 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 10, 2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Much as I love Bob Wills, it's great that you're takin' the Bus down some of the other highways & byways of this great musical style.... Love Milton Brown! Thanks Ed.

April 10, 2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Greg, I'm glad you are enjoying. If I recall correctly, you first hopped on the Bus to catch a few Alvin Crow tunes.

April 10, 2007 8:26 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Believe you are right, Ed. And it's been a great trip....

April 11, 2007 9:19 AM  

<< Home