Tuesday, April 10, 2007

David Ball: Heartaches by the Number

“Take good care of these old songs”
That is the message of David Ball’s Please Feed the Jukebox.

On his new release, Heartaches by the Number, David Ball pays a special tribute to the great classic country songs that were such an influence on his own music. Ball’s 1993 Top 20 Country hit Thinking Problem was one of the rare contemporary commercial country songs that had the feel and soul of the classic songs of country’s golden age. But then, David Ball has always been country music’s renaissance man.

This CD has the feel and sound of those classic albums, due in part to Ball’s great vocals and his heartfelt appreciation of authentic country music. To further the link to the classic sound, Ball recorded the tracks “live” in the studio with an impressive lineup of sidemen.
David Ball pays tribute to the great songs of Ray Price, Webb Pierce, Hank Williams, Hank Locklin, and Bob Wills and tops if off with the only original song on the CD, Please Feed The Jukebox, in which he urges us to “Take good care of these old songs”.

David Ball has treated these classics with honor, talent and enthusiasm.

David Ball - Pick Me Up On Your Way Down.mp3

David Ball - Please Feed The Jukebox.mp3

website: www.davidball.com
label: Shanachie
buy it at: amazon.com

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THESE MAKE ME WANT TO GO FIND
A JUKEBOX TO FEED

JOEY

April 11, 2007 7:04 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

I know what you mean, Joey. These tunes are best when accompanied by cold beer and good friends.

April 11, 2007 8:16 AM  
Blogger lynne said...

Hi Ed, did a Jukebox one myself this week. I would love to own one. Had a program once called Musicmatch, that resemble a jukebox....good word jukebox. I have found a really old, old image of one, I'll put it up soon.

April 11, 2007 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Love these posts, Ed; real toe-tappers. I got about a week or two behind on the posts; I guess the driver didn't take a head count and left me at a pit-stop ;)

April 12, 2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

That explains why the beer supply has lasted so long!

April 13, 2007 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Now you know I provide my fair share of beer, and after a few, more than my fair share ;)

You can always brew some more! I never did get any of the good batch of WALSTIB.

April 13, 2007 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Dan said...

This is sacred music, and David Ball does it justice. These mp3 blogs sell a lot of music, at least for me. This is one that I must have. Pure, hard country is pathetically hard to find these days. Even when I watch Opry feed we get up here in Canada, I'm disappointed at the lack of true country music.

April 15, 2007 4:50 PM  

<< Home