Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bluegrass Instrumentals

With the weather starting to feel a bit more like spring, I've been planning a few road trips to enjoy soon. One of the advantages of living along the Piedmont Breaks is that it is a short drive east to the Chesapeake Bay or the Atlantic, or west to the Blue Ridge Mountains. Fortunately, I don’t have to choose one over the other, as either is close enough for a weekend getaway. As the spring festival season gets in full swing I plan to spend many weekends in the mountains, listening to some great live music.

You may have noticed, if you’ve been riding the Bus for a while, that I tend to lean towards the Old Time camp when it comes to mountain music. Every once in a while I get a hunger for some good Bluegrass to balance things out. Lately, I’ve been in one of those Bluegrass moods. Let’s get the Bus back on the road with a few instrumentals from the golden age of Bluegrass.

Mac Martin - Smokey Mountain Rag.mp3

Roy Ross - Blue Ridge Breakdown.mp3

Log Cabin Boys - New Deal (Don't Let Your Deal Go Down).mp3

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you me Ed It is hard to beat good bluegrass

Joey

April 19, 2007 6:36 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Yep, Joey, I figured you'd like these.

April 20, 2007 5:56 AM  

<< Home