Monday, February 19, 2007

Fat Tuesday!


It's that time of year again!
Fat Tuesday! Mardi Gras!

This is the second Mardi Gras in New Orleans since Katrina. The reconstruction has been painfully slow.
I am sure that New Orleans will survive, but I am having doubts that it will ever be the same as before the storm.
There is no city in the world like New Orleans, and no better time than Fat Tuesday.

I have posted the same picture that I posted last year, our friend Joey enjoying himself along the parade route on St. Charles Ave. The picture is from 1982 or ’83. The Old Blue Bus never missed a Mardi Gras in those days. I’ve grown a little older and moved farther away, but the spirit of New Orleans is still celebrated on the Bus.

Can’t be there? Watch the revelry on live webcams at NOLA.com.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Lawrence (Black) Ardoin – My Baby Don’t Wear No Clothes.mp3

Fernest Arceneaux – Going Back To Big Mamou.mp3

Boozoo Chavis – Went To New Orleans.mp3

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could still party like I could back in those days


Joey

February 20, 2007 7:36 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Joey, Let's leave that to the younger folks.

February 20, 2007 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right about that Ed.

February 20, 2007 1:52 PM  

<< Home