Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back to work


Wow, that first day back at work was a tough one after so much time off.
After a long day at the plant, I have spent the entire evening listening to music trying to find some inspiration for a post. Well, I've finished off the last of my eggnog and heard lots of music, but alas, I’ve got nothing to show for it except a light head and a persistent alarm clock waiting to rouse me at much too early an hour.

It seems to be just as tough getting back to the Bus. So here are a couple of tunes I just happen to have handy. The first is a wonderful song from Byron Parker. Parker was a radio announcer and sometimes performer who was one of the original members of Bill Monroe’s Blue Grass Boys. The second song is an old favorite from the "Reverend" Robert Wilkins who worked the clubs of Memphis in the 1920s and was rediscovered in the 1960s.


Byron Parker And His Hillbillies - Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar.mp3

Robert Wilkins - Ain't No Way To Get Along.mp3

4 Comments:

Anonymous rockin'andRollin' said...

Glad to know that your son is doing well!

I've seen that you've upped Y'all Come

I'm seeking for the Cousin Herbert Henson
version. Can you help me?

January 03, 2007 4:06 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

rockin'androllin' - I have a live version of Cousin Herb doing Y'all Come. I'll send it tonight.

January 03, 2007 5:51 PM  
Blogger kjk said...

Ed, I'm so glad your son is doing better. My wife was diagnosed with the big B.C. just before T.G., so I understand your pain. She just got over her first chemo-therarpy treatment, which laid her our pretty good over the last several days. (Dec 30 was our 14th anniversary!)

Your site and music have done wonders for my spirits (and by extesion, hers). You do good things. Don't ever forget that!

Here is a Woody G. tune that always comes to mind when hard work (and the love of my life) come to mind ....

-- Ken (aka kjk527)

January 03, 2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Ken,
Thank you for the kind words and for the great Woody song!

I am so sorry to hear of your wife's battle. I have had a few friends go through chemo, it's a rough road. Your love and support will help more than you can know. I am sure that all of the riders on the Bus join me in wishing you and your wife a swift and complete recovery.

Your 14th anniversary? I hope you celebrated, even if only by resting on each other's shoulders. Modern medicine can do wonders, but the most effective healing comes from a loving heart.

You both are in my thoughts.

January 03, 2007 11:34 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home