Sunday, December 10, 2006

Boogie Monday

Monday's on the Bus are usually set aside for some softer music to ease back to the work week. I know that most of the riders on the Bus stop by while they are at work and I have always tried to post music that I felt was appropriate for the day of the week.

This week I thought I’d try something different. Maybe something a little more upbeat would help get the riders over that Monday morning blues. Sort of an extension of the partying we did all weekend.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think

Let’s kick off this work week party with some boogie-woogie!


Pinetop Perkins - Pinetop's Boogie Woogie.mp3

Katie Webster - Boogie Texas Queen.mp3

6 Comments:

Anonymous rockin'andRollin' said...

wow! boogie woogie all night long!

Hello!

December 11, 2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Hi rockin'androllin',

It looks like it I'm not totally alone in my boogie fever. Let's keep it up and see if we can't get a few more folks on their feet.

December 11, 2006 10:40 PM  
Anonymous rockin'andRollin' said...

Yoy're not lonely!
Katie Webster, she plays the piano?

December 12, 2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Katie Webster was the queen of Louisiana Roadhouse Blues in my book. Although she recorded for several labels during the 1950s and 60s, her ten years of recordings on Alligator Records have kept me dancin’ for decades.

December 12, 2006 9:23 PM  
Anonymous rockin'andRollin' said...

Of this artist I knew: "Baby Come On".Do you know?

You wrote an book about the louisiana music?

December 13, 2006 4:11 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

“Baby Come On” – Oh yes, this was from her earlier period, early 1960s.
She really came into her own when she returned to recording in the 1980s.

Just a figure of speech, “in my book” = ”as I see it”.

December 13, 2006 10:15 AM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home