Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Friends, family, & music

The Old Blue Bus will be parked for a few days while I enjoy some time with friends and family. I hope all of you will enjoy the holiday also.





This year I am especially thankful for the friends I have made from around the world, right here on the Bus.
I wish you all "Good friends, music, food and drink".
I've left a few tunes for your pleasure.


Mustard's Retreat - Gather the Family.mp3
Learn more about the wonderful American folk music of David Tamulevich and Michael Hough (Mustard's Retreat) here. Gather the Family is from the superb CD "The Wind And The Crickets" available at Amazon.com

Barry & Holly Tashian - Friends and Kin.mp3
Find more about the beautiful harmonies and songs of Barry & Holly Tashian here.

Holly Near & Ronnie Gilbert - Music in My Mother's House.mp3
From the 1997 "This Train Still Runs" live recording available at CD Baby or Amazon.com.

Claudia Schmidt & Sally Rogers - I Had an Old Coat.mp3
I have been a fan of these two women for many a year. This cut is from their 1991 "While We Live" available at Amazon.com.

Merrie Amsterburg - Simple Gifts.mp3
A new take on the old Shaker Hymn. I first found Merrie Amsterburg on the first ground-breaking benefit CD for Respond, available at Signature Sounds. This cut is from Merrie's new CD "Clementine and Other Stories" available here.


Please lend your neighbors a hand.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed
I just want to want to wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving and hope you enjoy your time off.

I know I am going to try to
Joey

November 22, 2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Joey, I know that you have been working long hours for some time now, as have I. Some time off to spend with the family couldn't be more welcome.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, my friend, and give the Mrs. a squeeze and a kiss for me.

November 22, 2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Darcy said...

What shines through from your blog is that you are in "the right place" (ha! paraphrasing your comment on my Rufus post recently) so I KNOW you and your family will be gaining maximum enjoyment from your Thanksgiving holiday. That doesn't stop me wishing you a great one anyway.

November 24, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks Darcy, for the kind words and the good wishes.

November 24, 2006 9:27 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home