Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"Back on your head"

It didn't take long for the real world, as I know it, to knock me off my euphoric cloud. There's nothing like 600 acres of chemical refinery and 100F (38C) degree heat to bring one back to harsh reality.

Some time ago I used one of those calculators that financial websites provide to check your retirement savings. You know the type, punch in all your personal savings and the program let's you know how likely you are to be saying "Welcome to Walmart". Well, this particular calculator tells me I am well on my way to a comfortable retirement, - if - I retire at age 78!

I best come up with a back-up plan, as a blue apron and smiley face stickers are just not my style.


Lost & Found - Rabbit Song.mp3

Don Stover - Things in Life.mp3

Butch Robins - I'll Be On That Good Road Someday.mp3

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Ed looks like we both have used the same calculator on my side looks like I will be in the ground for about
five years before I will be able to retire.
Hey but we still have a lot of years to and ground to cover before we get to that point..
So I think I heard it on the bus open up another cold one and turn it up because (It's all good)

Joey

August 02, 2006 7:16 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

My good friend Joey, we have both proven that we can roll with whatever life hands us. I was hoping for more than an appliance box under an overpass, but if that's what is in the cards... you and I both know how to play the hand you were dealt and enjoy the game!

August 02, 2006 7:52 AM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home