Monday, July 31, 2006

As the world should be

Wow! We drove back from Floyd today, still high from three days of peace, community and outstanding music.

There is no festival like FloydFest. Nestled amongst the trees high atop the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, six stages of continuous music, and a renewal of my own belief in the good in people.

I danced to the Old Time and Cajun sounds of Dirk Powell and the Balfa Toujours, sat in on intimate workshops with Rory Block and David Bromberg, laid on a hillside and listened to Iris Dement, shared a watermelon while listening to the fiddle of Adrienne Young. Just too much to list.

Oh, it's not easy to come back to the grind of the workday. I've brought you all a little piece of the perfect world I visited this past weekend.

Rory Block says she wrote this song to answer the first question every interviewer asks.


Rory Block - Live at FloydFest.mp3


I have copied the file from the Rockridge Brothers to my hosting site for those of you who could not access them due to corporate firewalls. Go back a few posts and give a listen. They were a big hit at FloydFest.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed glad that you made it back. Sounds like you had a great time. Wish I could have been there with you on this one

Joey

August 01, 2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Wish you could have made it Joey. There really is nothing like FloydFest. My daughter and I were nearly in tears as David Bromberg closed the weekend.

August 01, 2006 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that is something we can
look forward to in the future

Joey

August 01, 2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

It sure would be good to share some good music and a few drinks with you & T again.

August 01, 2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

When I hear of other people having experiences that renew their faith in humanity it gives me a little lift too. If there's good folk in the hills of Virginia maybe there's some good folk left in the hills of Lebanon too.

August 01, 2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Beer, we've got to believe that common folk are basically good. It's our world leaders that are jerks.

August 01, 2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Nagiants40 said...

You have a great blog, I linked your blog on my two Blues Blog.. and Rory Block is amazing..

Thanks

August 02, 2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Hi nagiants40 -

Thank you for the kind words. Actually, I noticed your links a little while ago and have been meaning to add a link back.

I have visited Blues Town several times and love the Koko Taylor and Elvin Bishop.

And, yes, Rory Block is always amazing!

August 02, 2006 6:35 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home