Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Real Virginia Country

I've always imagined that the homemade country music that the Carter Family documented for us all, if left unadulterated, possibly would have evolved into something very much like the music that Robin & Linda Willaims play.

Robin & Linda Williams and Their Fine Group (an appropriate name, by the way) gained worldwide recognition from their regular appearances on Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion" radio program. The musical couple live in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley here in Virginia and host the annual Fortune Williams Music Festival in Staunton, Virginia.

Buy their CDs at Red House Records.


Robin & Linda Williams - Clarkfield.mp3

Robin & Linda Williams - I'm Just Glad You're Gone.mp3

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel @ Postmodern Sounds said...

They're also appearing in the Prairie Home movie, according to IMDB, and they're on one song on the soundtrack with Garrison and Prudence Johnson.

May 25, 2006 3:43 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

You're right, I should have mentioned that. With them being somewhat local to my area I tend to forget that they have such a universal draw. Just a few months ago they played in my area, in the local high school auditorium!

btw - I like what you're doing at Postmodern Sounds. I've been meaning to add a link, guess I've been slackin'.

May 25, 2006 7:41 AM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home