Thursday, May 11, 2006

Howlin' at the moon

Perhaps it's the spring weather. Maybe it's the beginning of the outdoor concert and festival season. Whatever it is that's bringing it on, I've been in need of some special time. Good music, good drink, and good friends. Cuttin' loose. Highballin' it. Howlin' at the moon. Call it what you may, I'm ready!

Tonight is the first of the weekly free concerts on Brown's Island on the James River here in Richmond. The series is called Friday Cheers, and it's one of many such series in the area. I plan on being under the waxing Gibbous moon (full moon on Saturday) on Brown's Island tonight, listening to Sam Bush and Jackass Flats. If you're in the area, stop by. And be ready to party!

Sam Bush - Howlin' At The Moon.mp3

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right Ed it is time to start
doing a little Howlin at the moon

Joey

May 12, 2006 6:24 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Oh hell yeah, we actually started our "howlin'" last weekend at the Dismal Swamp Digs (volleyball tournament). You'll not likely see me this evening... DAMN IT!!! I've got volleyball tonight & if I wasn't the 6th player, I'd dip out and go to Cheers. How late does this run? I could be there about 8:30'ish, but if it's over at 9:00 or 9:30, I'll just stay at the v-ball club and do me howlin' & drinkin' there.

May 12, 2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Sorry you can't make it Lucy.

May 13, 2006 7:01 AM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home