Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bayou Bluegrass, part 2

My friend Walt called to tell me that if I was going to go on about Louisiana bluegrass, I should be sure not to forget about the Cox Family. So, here goes..

The Cox family are from Cotton Valley, Louisiana, where father Willard, son Sidney, and daughters Evelyn and Suzanne have been performing at local fairs and festivals since the mid 1970s. But it was in the early 1990s that their popularity really took off. Alison Krauss heard them perform and took the family under her wing. Krauss has produced their albums for Rounder Records ever since.

Cox Family - Little Birdie.mp3

Cox Family - I Feel the Blues Moving In.mp3

The Cox Family CDs are available from; Rounder Records, Rounder in Europe, County Sales, amazon.com, Plan 9, and your local record store.


Thanks again, Walt. Say, I just may have found someone to keep the Bus on the road while I take a little vacation time next month. What do you say, Walt?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed your friend Walt had a good idea
with this family I will be looking
for their CD's

Joey

May 24, 2006 6:30 AM  
Anonymous nap said...

Vacation? Sounds like the bus driver needs a laptop to take along!

May 24, 2006 10:45 AM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home