Monday, April 24, 2006

When Summer comes to the Northland

The Northwoods, peaceful rivers, placid lakes, and beautiful forests.
I have always enjoyed my hikes and paddling trips on both sides of the U.S./Canada border. Back in the mid 1980s I made my first trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, which includes Quetico Provincial Park on the Ontario side. It was about the same time I found a couple of albums by Steve Lehner and Maureen May. Their "Old Home Place" and "Ballad of the Buffalo" LPs are long out of print, but still some of my favorite listening when I'm dreaming of dipping a paddle in a quiet lake.


Steve Lehner & Maureen May - Summer in the Northland.MP3

Steve Lehner & Maureen May - Blue Skies.MP3

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed great job this morning. Blue skies was one of my favorite songs from the bus.
It could always put me in a good mood.

Joey

April 25, 2006 6:22 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Those were some good times, eh Joey?
Funny how we sometimes associate certain things, places and people with some songs.
Blue Skies always lifts my spirits also.

April 25, 2006 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Beautiful sound; rude awakening when I open my eyes and see I'm at work!

April 25, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Wonderfully beautiful!

April 25, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

fab choice of track....hey love blueskies..of course!!!

April 25, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Countrygrrl - Somehow I knew you'd like that one :)

April 26, 2006 12:15 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home