Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sometimes good music just falls into your lap.

Although he has been involved in music nearly 50 years, Jim Stringer is not a well known name. I only stumbled across his music recently, and quite by chance. I was searching for philosophical essays on a particular subject when I found several that I really enjoyed. When I did a search on the author, a fellow by the name of Jim Stringer, I found that he is a helluva guitarist out of Austin, Texas. There must be something in the water down there. More likely, it is a culture, business community, and local government that supports the arts.

Stringer and his AM Band have three CDs that are getting airplay and rave reviews from around the world. Check out his site here for his bio and more info. Be sure to check out the "opinions" tab, that's how I first found him. Also check out Jim Stringer and the AM Band for more music, clips, and info on where to buy some for your collection.


Jim Stringer - I Want To Be In Your Dreams.mp3

Jim Stringer - Sugarfootin'.mp3

Jim Stringer - Bye Bye Bayou.mp3

- Y'all have a good weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ya'll"--"y'all" (cintraction of "you all")

April 21, 2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

I welcome all corrections. Especially spelling. Thanks.
Why didn't the spell checker catch that?

April 21, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Love this cat! Just the sort of fella the Merritt Mountain Music Festival could use to liven things up.

April 22, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

yeeeeeehaaaaa!!! don't think the spell check would catch this either!! fab tracks boogie on

April 23, 2006 3:55 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home