Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Truckin' with Jim & Jesse


I don't know what causes the attraction to truck drivin' songs, but I sure love 'em. Perhaps it's got something to do with the perception of freedom. Life on the open road, the independance. All the same reasons I listen to hobo songs, I suppose.

Jim & Jesse McReynolds are best known for their good down-home bluegrass, but for a few years they were signed with a major label and pushed to include more of the Nashville sound in their recordings. Among other things, they recorded a few tunes of the open road that have become classics.

Jim & Jessie - Ballad Of Thunder Road.mp3

Jim & Jessie - Diesel On My Tail.mp3

Jim & Jessie - Girl on the Billboard.mp3

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed great choice for a Thursday, Jim and Jessie have always been one of my favorites since I was a kid I got to meet Jessie at his house just out side of Nashville when I was a young teenager he was working on his bus. I
have always loved Girl on the Billboard

Joey

March 16, 2006 7:53 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Glad ya liked it Joey. Cool story about Jesse.

March 16, 2006 10:15 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home