Sunday, February 26, 2006

Let the good times roll!

Mardi Gras!
It's that time of year again!
For several years the Old Blue Bus was parked on a lot in Boutte (Boo-Tee), Louisiana, just off Hwy 90 west of New Orleans. Your humble driver managed to participate in the 'round-the-clock party that is Carnival Week in New Orleans for three years in a row. And I was fortunate enough to share the good times with some fellow gypsies and very good friends such as that happy reveler in the photo.
It's been more than twenty years since I've been able to make it to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but I have celebrated every year no matter where the Bus was parked.

This year our friends in the Big Easy are having a monumental rough time, but they still take time off to celebrate the week before Lent. I wish them all the best and wish I could be there. I'm with them in spirit.

Dirty Dozen Brass Band - Mardis Gras In New Orleans.mp3

Bo Dollis, Monk Boudreaux, Rebirth Brass Band - Shoo Fly.mp3

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mister throw me something...
Man that was a long time ago. Your right Ed that was some good times that we had back then
I dont know if my body could handle that any more but some time I would like to give it try again
just to see how long it would take to make me limp or just walk funny.

Joey

February 27, 2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

That guy with the Alabama t-shirt on looks like John Kay.

February 28, 2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

John Kay!? Ha! That partyin' fool is our own friend Joey (25 years and as many pounds ago).

March 01, 2006 6:26 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home