Monday, February 13, 2006

Forty-five years from now


Today 192 million Valentine’s Day cards will trade hands according to Hallmark. That figure does not include pre-packaged Valentine's for children's classroom exchanges.
Flowers, candy, cards, and other gifts, a commercial celebration of love. No one is sure who St. Valentine was, could have been any of three ancient fellows. Visit the History Channel for a brief and interesting history of Valentine's Day.

I'm a bit of a romantic, but I've never had much interest in Valentine's Day or Hallmark's version of love. A relationship is a yearlong, no, lifelong endeavor. Like life itself, love has it's ups and downs. It's all in what you make it. Make it special and you'll be walkin' on the moon more often than not.

Katy Moffatt & Rosie Flores - Walkin on the Moon
from The Folkscene Collection Vol.III

Stan Rogers - Forty-Five Years
from Fogarty's Cove

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank for introducing me to Stan Rogers. I definitely like his style and sound

Joey

February 14, 2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Joey - I know that the music of Stan Rogers was on the turntable in the bus 25 years ago. I'm glad you were paying attention this time.

February 14, 2006 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Ed, well done! The ladies were wonderful. You know how much I love Stan Rogers, afterall you gave me my first Stan Rogers CD some Christmas's ago. I think I relate best to Forty-five Years; for "I've been twice a wife" and don't foresee putting my heart through it a third time, well there is one exception...

February 14, 2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I am glad I can pay attention this time.

February 14, 2006 12:41 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home