Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Damn Big SUV

On my way home from work last night, I came up behind a large SUV (I prefer the acronym SAV - Suburban Assault Vehicle) that seemed to have trouble staying on our side of the road. It would drift across the center line and then back, but never fully in it's own lane. There seemed to be a rhythm to the swaying. After a while, I realized that the driver was drifting to the center of the road each time we approached a mailbox along the shoulder, as if they were driving a tractor-trailer with a wide load.
I drive a little, 36 year old two-seater. Makes sense to me, since I drive alone most of the time. And running through the gears in a vintage sports car on those winding backroads is a wonderful way to unwind on my way home most evenings. Unless I encounter someone in an oversized vehicle straddling the line.

Papa Joe Grappa - Damn Big SUV.mp3
from Too White To Sing The Blues - available from papajoegrappa.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Finally got around to listening to Papa's song. Jumpin' happy stuff like the '60s era blues players around here like to stick to.

March 12, 2006 9:06 PM  
Anonymous John said...

Hi, ##NAME##, Well, what d'you know, that's quite a blog. Good stuff! Keep up the good work. John ##LINK##

April 19, 2006 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home