Thursday, January 26, 2006

Norman & Nancy Back Home in Sulphur Springs

Back home in Sulphur Springs. For over 30 years they have actually lived in an old house in Rising Fawn, Georgia, just down the road from Norman's childhood home in Sulphur Springs. It's been just about that long since Norman Blake has been in an airplane, preferring to travel by car and more recently by motorhome. I can't say as I blame them. The road can be tiring on body and soul.

Let's hope that they record and share some of the fine music you just know will be coming from their porch.


Norman & Nancy Blake-We're Living in the Future - from Nashville Blues (Rounder 1984)

Norman & Nancy Blake - Don't Be Afraid of the Neo Con - hidden bonus track from Back Home in Sulphur Springs (Plectrafone 2005) Buy it here

5 Comments:

Anonymous Lucy said...

I must say, Ed, you've done yourself proud. Great selections this week. As much as I hate shopping (yes, I'm a strange women, but you knew that already) I think I'll have to purchase a few CD's this weekend. Have a great weekend fellow riders.

January 27, 2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Don't you let them babies go hungry on account of your music habit.

January 31, 2006 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Wouldn't dream of it; the boy child still comes home when there's no food at their house. Now the beer habit could be a problem since a certain friend hasn't brewed up any lately to share!

January 31, 2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

What an inconsiderate twit I've been! You are right though, I do need to start brewing, I have a feeling it's gonna be a long hot summer.

January 31, 2006 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Oh now don't be so hard on yourself, you're not inconsiderate ;)

Let me know if you need another pair of hands when you brew, I'd like to see the process. I figure if I'm going to help drink it, I should help brew it.

January 31, 2006 9:40 AM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home