Thursday, January 05, 2006

Dutch fais do do ?

Yesterday's post reminds us that American roots music travels well.
Daniel Lohues, a fine young blues artist from the Netherlands, has taken the heart and soul of the music of Louisiana and made it his own. Preferring to write and sing in his native Drents, a rural dialect of Dutch, Lohues and the Louisiana Blues Club are top 40 material in the Netherlands. I can't make heads nor tails of the lyrics, but the music is guaranteed to have you on your feet and dancing.


Lohues & the Louisiana Blues Club - Nils Holgerssons blues
Lohues & the Louisiana Blues Club - Zydeco

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waar kan ik tickets kopen voor Lohues? Ik betaal. Wat? Hoe zeg je dat is Engels?

Never mind. I can't really pay for the tickets. But, I'd love to visit Holland and see these guys on their own turf, kicking out Louisiana tunes. I might even understand the words, if only a verrrrry few.

January 06, 2006 2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right Ed I dont have a clue as
to what the song is about but it
does have a good beat

Joey

January 06, 2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

I too would love to see these guys on their own turf, but like our anonymous friend, I am short of funds for such luxuries

I recall reading that they have visited the US in the past. I’ll be watching for a return visit.

January 06, 2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

These guys are great. It didn't matter much I didn't know what they were singing, just listening to the music was enough.

January 07, 2006 11:24 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

My eldest son always asks why I listen to music when I can’t understand the lyrics.
Good music is good music, in any language.

January 09, 2006 10:34 AM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home