Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A little Christmas fun


Santa Claus is coming to town in a pirogue for Michael Doucet. A cajun version of the classic complete with fiddles and accordions.

Seattle based, Ranch Romance took their name from a pulp western magazine of the 1930's. I like their blend of jazz, alt. country, western swing, and a dash of satire on this Elvis standard.

Let's round out this set with Ottmar Liebert's new-age flamenco guitar version of another classic Christmas song.


Michael Doucet - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

Ranch Romance - Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me)

Ottmar Liebert - Deck The Halls

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lucy said...

Good mix, Ed. I like 'em. I like getting off the bus with a little more "up lifting" collection of tunes in my head; Lord knows somethings got to take up all that empty space ;) Cheers all!!

December 22, 2005 9:52 AM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home