Thursday, December 01, 2005

The best laid plans...

I had all sorts of stuff planned for today's post. Well, maybe not really planned, more like a bunch of half-assed ideas that just wouldn't come together. So I pulled the cork on a bottle of inspiration and started spinnin' cd's and lp's just to see what would happen.
What have I got to show for it? Well, I'm affraid this bottle is just as empty as my head. I have listened to a lot of stuff that may inspire something down the road, but "tonight, the bottle let me down". So here's a few cuts from things I can reach without getting out of this chair.

Brooks Williams has been touring for over twenty years. His polished guitar work is a blend of folk, jazz, blues, classical. This cut is from his 1996 release on Green Linnet Records, but I can not find it in their catalog anymore. Try his website, I see he links to iTunes for this cd.

Brooks Williams - Rotterdam Bar

Jeffery Foucault is a young fella from southern Wisconsin. He toured the UK with Kris Delmhorst and Peter Mulvey. On their return they spent some time at his cabin in Wisconsin, where they recorded the Redbirds cd using a single open mic in the living room, giving it a raw, homemade flavor. This cut is from his debut cd Stripping Cane.

Jeffrey Foucault - 4&20 Blues

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than to have to have a frontal lobotomy" I know, verrrrry old, but it works. Good tune suggestions for being blank.

December 02, 2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Yep, old but it does still work. Thanks, sometimes the tunes just fall in place. Maybe that bottle did some good after all.

December 02, 2005 3:45 PM  

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home