Thursday, October 27, 2005

Vendredi nuit doit danser et boire!

I've mentioned before that I relate certain days with different types of music.
Sunday mornings aren't complete without some good ol' Bluegrass Gospel. And...

As the title of this post states, "Friday night is to dance and to drink!"
It must be time for some Zydeco!

Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band - Steppin Out Zydeco

Zachary Richard - File Gumbo

L'il Brian and the Zydeco Travelers - Snap Bean

Beau Jocque - Richard's Club

Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band - Good For the Goose

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me want to eat some gumbo
and do the Quarter.

Joey

October 28, 2005 6:58 AM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Okay I have to admit I'm getting caught up on your postings since I haven't been on for a couple of days. I was going to play my Page Wilson CD, but after listening to this selection, I realize I need to add some cajun tunes to my collection. If you're not moving when listening to these, you've gotta be dead! Great way to set the mood for the weekend, but we don't go dancing anymore so I guess I'll do the drinking at home.

October 28, 2005 10:27 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

I spend most summer weekends on the back deck with my rocking chair, stereo and a cold drink. By mid-afternoon, I'm dancin' acrossed the deck to some good cajun/zydeco. We don't go dancing anymore either, so I do my drinking and dancing alone.

October 28, 2005 2:08 PM  
Blogger countrygrrl said...

heya this made me smile and remember why i like roots music best of all. You can keep your Coldplay's and those wimp out white angst boy bands,,give me a jug of zydeco and a wooden floor...

November 02, 2005 4:43 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Impossible to keep your feet still, eh?

November 03, 2005 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home