Friday, October 14, 2005

A Happy Yodel

Friday and time for some good-time music to set the mind straight for the weekend.
It's been dreary and rainy here for over a week. Yet, while it has drenched most everything else, I haven't let it dampen my spirit. It's all in your attitude.
I got one of those "cute" inspirational emails that we all get from time to time. I usually don't bother to read them, just hit delete. But this one sort of rang true with me. Thanks to Lucy for sharing this with me. Although I'm not the type to pass this sort of thing on, I'd like to share this one here.

Two Wolves
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 "wolves" inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy,sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
"Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied,
"The one you feed."


My good friend Joey sent me a copy of a tape we made in the Old Blue Bus, twenty-some years ago. We had a blast putting that tape together and you can hear it in the songs we selected to record. Music can feed those "wolves". Here's a healthy serving.

Bill Staines - In the tradition of Jimmie Rodgers, Bill Staines has almost single handedly kept the western yodel alive. And no one does it better.
The Happy Yodel

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember this one! I'd always grab it when I rumaged through your drawers, oh get it out of the gutter, desk drawers. What a truly happy tune; great way to start the weekend. Thanks Ed, I needed this. Have a great weekend.

Lucy

October 14, 2005 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home