Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Back to the Real World

Wow! What a weekend! The National Folk Festival was a great time despite the weather. Lisa and I were there from start to finish. 3 days, 33 artists, 7 stages, lots of food, beer and wine.
The James River went from drought to flood stage. So did the availability of traditional music in Central Virginia.
For those of you who missed it, well, you missed the best thing to happen in Richmond in the ten years that I've been here. Check it out here.
The Times-Dispatch did a great job of promoting and covering the event. Check out their site for the articles, photos, and videos, here.

I know I've been pretty slack about posting music here for the past few days. Give me a break, I'm still buzzing from the Festival.

Lori McKenna from her Bittertown cd.
For some reason I can really relate to this song. Lori McKenna is another great artist recording on Signature Sounds. I'll post more from this CD in the future.

Lori McKenna - Monday Afternoon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tune! I love her sound. I'll be adding this CD to my modest collection. Lots of us can relate to this one. We all have our own demons to battle. I tangled with one Saturday, and I'm still not sure who won. I guess I did, I walked away ;)

Lu

October 12, 2005 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home